CHIEF OF POLICE
The Borough of Mifflinburg is conducting a search to fill the position of Chief of Police. Mifflinburg is located in Union County, Pennsylvania approximately one hour north of Harrisburg in central Pennsylvania. Mifflinburg has a population of about 3600 residents. More information about the Borough is available at www.mifflinburgborough.org. The Police Department normally employs 7 full time officers including the Chief. This position is a non-union, non-Civil Service position. The successful applicant must possess a valid PA driver’s license and Act 120 Certification or Equivalent. Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- A minimum of ten years current or recent experience as a police officer.
- Supervisory experience or management training.
- Residency within 30 miles of the Borough of Mifflinburg within six months of the appointment as Chief of Police.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in dealing with the public and the police department.
- Knowledge of law enforcement principles, policies and regulations with at least an Associate Degree in Police Administration (or related field) or FBI Academy; or an equivalent level of experience.
- Availability to fill open shifts on an as-needed basis.
- Physical and mental fitness to perform the full duties of a police officer, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good moral character without any felony or misdemeanor convictions that relate to the applicant’s suitability for employment.
All applicants must complete an application for employment and provide a resume and cover letter and successful candidates will be required to pass any and all testing procedures required by the Borough of Mifflinburg. A comprehensive medical examination, psychological examination and extensive background check will be required prior to final appointment. Salary for the position will be based on experience and qualifications, and is currently budgeted at $68,000.00. Applications may be obtained by calling 570-966-1013 or on this website. Completed applications, references and other pertinent information should be sent to:
Mrs. Margaret Metzger, Borough Manager
Borough of Mifflinburg
120 North Third Street
Mifflinburg, PA 17844
The deadline for accepting applications is 1:00 p.m. September 10, 2019.