Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mifflinburg Borough Council will hold a virtual Council meeting in place of their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 15, 2020. This meeting will be held via Zoom and will begin at 6:30 PM. The Agenda for this meeting is posted on the Borough’s website: mifflinburgborough.org. Individuals interested in participating in the Zoom meeting should notify the Borough Secretary by 4:00 PM on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 by either calling the Borough Office or emailing the Borough at firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions for creating a Zoom account, as well as procedures regarding public participation, may be found on the Borough’s website. Login credentials will be forwarded shortly before the meeting via email to individuals who have submitted requests prior to the 4:00 PM deadline. Only registered and authenticated Zoom users will be permitted access.
Additionally, interested individuals may also provide comments and/or questions prior to the meeting by either calling the Borough Office or emailing their comments and/or questions to the email address listed above. Comments and/or questions must be submitted by 4:00 PM on Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Comments and/or questions received will be read aloud and responded to during the Zoom meeting. A recording of the meeting will be posted on the Borough’s website within 24 hours of the conclusion of the meeting.
The following Rules and Regulations shall be in effect for the September 15, 2020 virtual Council Meeting:
- A public comment period shall be held at the beginning of the Council Meeting (as identified on the Agenda) for individuals who desire to speak on matters relating to the Borough of Mifflinburg.
- Thirty (30) minutes shall be allotted for the entire public comment period. Individuals shall be governed by a time limit of three (3) minutes.
- Individuals desiring to participate in the public comment period must notify the Borough Secretary by 4:00 PM on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 by either calling the Borough Office at (570) 966-1013 or emailing the Borough at email@example.com. Interested individuals must state their name and provide the Borough Secretary with a phone number and/or email address. Only individuals who have submitted requests prior to the 4:00 PM deadline will be permitted access to the virtual Council Meeting.
- Login credentials for the virtual Council Meeting will be provided shortly before the Meeting via email. Only individuals who have submitted requests prior to the 4:00 PM deadline will receive login credentials. Individuals are not to share their login credentials.
- Only registered and authenticated Zoom accounts will be permitted access to the virtual Council Meeting (i.e., the name and email address associated with the Zoom account must match the name and email address provided to the Borough Secretary). Individuals may register for a Zoom account at the following link: https://zoom.us/. Information regarding Zoom registration and user features may be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360034967471-Quick-start-guide-for-new-users.
- Individuals permitted access to the virtual Council Meeting will be placed in a waiting room. Upon authentication, individuals will be muted upon arrival. In order to indicate a desire to speak, individuals must use the “Raise Hand” feature in the Zoom chat. Only one speaker will be acknowledged at a time. If the time period for public comment runs out before all persons who have signed up get to speak, those names will be carried over to the next Public Comment period at the next Council Meeting or, at the discretion of the Council President, the time period for Public Comment may be extended.
- Individuals permitted to speak are expected to be civil in their language and presentation. Inappropriate and/or indecent behavior will not be tolerated. The Borough Project Manager is authorized to remove any individual(s) acting inappropriately or engaging in indecent behavior.